Saturday, August 07, 2004 · posted at 10:03 PM
Appalling mating practices. I can't believe the gall that some guys have. At times I think it's admirable that a guy faces his fears of rejection and humiliation and talks to a girl he is interested in – other times I think it's extremely despicable that a guy has no shame and will hit on anything in a skirt or wearing lipstick, no matter the situation.

I was waiting in line at the store. I am notoriously bad at picking lines. There will be a few lines to pick from and I will always pick the slower one, the one with the rude cashier or the rookie cashier, the one with the person who wants to use 36 coupons and 4 different payment options, the one with the customer who just can't seem to fill out the personal check correctly. Sometimes, even if midline I pull "the switch" and go to another line, that line will become sluggish due to one of the aforementioned scenarios. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will spend at least 3% of my life waiting – which is not horrible considering what the hell else would I do with my time.

There was a girl in front of me, probably college age (though this is questionable due to elaborate crow’s feet), with her 80 year-old grandmother. The cashier, a greasy-looking lip licker with a ponytail immediately started ogling the girl in all her peroxided glory.

"You’re irresistible," he said. I kid you not. With Granny standing right there! This guy is trying to holla at this girl in front of her grandmother! He was probably banking on the fact that Granny couldn’t hear and subsequently beat him with her purse.

"Oh, thank you," Crow’s Feet replied.
"Really, you are mmm mmm mmm," goes Greasy.
"Thanks. I think I’ve seen you here before," CF says.

Greasy holds out his hand. "I’m Greasy."
"Hi. I’m Courtney/Brittany/Heather."

Excuse me, did you guys just shake hands over a box of Summer’s Eve??

"So what do you like to do for fun?" asks Greasy.
"Go out clubbing, drinking," replies Courtney/Brittany/Heather.

At this point I can't decide who is more heinous. Are you seriously trying to flirt during a transaction of private products, including but not limited to ob tampons and yeast infection cream? I mean… anything with the word "Vagi-" (e.g. Vagisil, Vagistat) should just be an automatic anaphrodisiac.

And why even waste your breath doing the whole dance? What could possibly come from it? A wild night clubbing that culminates in Granny paging her at midnight to come change her Depends? The necessity of even more feminine hygiene products for irritability and burning down the line? Oh wait, no… true love and a solid relationship where you can proudly tell your family and friends the romantic story of how you met over an itch that just wouldn’t quit?

Shudder. Call me cynical, picky, or just easily disgusted. But if I ever answer a guy’s advances while standing over my feminine hygiene purchases… assuredly I have hit rock bottom.

Although I guess it could have been worse… he could have hit on Granny too.

Recent Posts
Left on the pedestal. Every week I peruse the Targ...

Curtain call. Today was the last day of productio...

You brought it upon yourself' It's come to my at...

Not your Orwellian drama. The lemonade is squeeze...

Action up! Making a movie is really just a lot of...

Surely you jest. It's odd for me to think of paren...

The one with the boobies. Galvez has a theory that...

Author's note: Some programs are required to have ...

Blind leading the blind. What do you do when instr...

Dress your family in corduroy and denim. Guys ofte...


Morning news
babie goose ryan
bluemouse
daves son
dawntaught
desiree
diorama
emily
escadawg
galveric
high entropy
invisible cube
jepgato
kyellow
lilly
mhuang
mogbert
nudream
starfish + coffee
verbivore


Archives
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2008



 
 
 all humiliation © by author